Sunday, 14 April 2013

50 Book Challenge.

Good Day!

Well here we go then, a post I have been quite excited about writing, but have never quite gotten down to completing! SO let me set the scene for you (Now would be when you go get a cup of tea and come biscuits.. or toast. Or your dinner or something. You know how I love to ramble)

Okay so I have always read a lot. It's not a new thing, it's not a big shock to anybody who knows me, it just is what it is. However last year I found myself taking less time to read and more time to do other things. Mainly Uni related but I just didn't like it. I missed things like the reading challenges I used to do with the school reading group and the books I would read just to challenge myself.

And so this leads me to the 50 Book Challenge! The rules are simple. 50 books, one year to read them, Uni books not included. I will be including re-reads of books, but I will AIM to have these as additional reads, rather than as part of the actual 50!

The List to date includes:
1.The Hobbit-J. R. R. Tolkien
2. Eragon-Christopher Paolini
3. Eldest-Christopher Paolini
4. Brisngr-Christopher Paolini
5. Inheritance-Christopher Paolini
6. The Fellowship of the Ring-J. R. R. Tolkien
7. The Two Towers-J. R. R. Tolkien
8. A Game of Thrones-George R. R. Martin

So as you can see, I'm running a little behind, but there will be times where I will get a lot of my reading done, and times like now, where I will be slowing down.

A bit of me is disappointed that I see 50 books as a challenge. There was a time when I was younger that 100 books would have been a more reasonable challenge. However I suppose that's part of growing up! Times change, responsibilities change, workload changes and I suppose losing touch with the community can have an impact also.

So there you go. I'll aim to do the odd update now and again mainly so that I can keep track of what I'm reading!
If anybody out there reading is partaking in a similar challenge, I would LOVE to keep up to date with how you are doing! I do miss having a frequent chat with folk about books with someone!

Yours with many thanks,
Pixiegnome x

No comments:

Post a Comment