Monday, 4 March 2013

Les mains du Monday #1

Can I just start this post by saying that YES I am aware that the French is awful. Probably doesn't even make sense... but I liked the way it sounded. I'm not going to say that again. My apologies have been made, and now on with the post! We're off to write the blog post, the wonderful post of the blog!

As I stated in my very first post, part of the reason I made this blog is because I have a rubbish memory. It is truly difficult. That's the only way I can describe it. It is difficult to work with. SUCH a diva! Anyway. I have very bad nails. Partly because I used to bite them when I was younger, mainly because I'm a little bit short of Vitamin D (The sunshine vitamin for those who think that D really says nothing about the vitamin itself. Seriously... what does D actually have to do with the vitamin. And don't even get me STARTED on all the B vitamins!) 

So essentially my nails are a wreck. They're all peely (i need a C-J glossary I think...)and bendy and weak and a bit pathetic. But I REALLY love nail polish and having my nails painted. As I'm sure you can guess... the two just were not working together. Despite the talk I gave them last month about how important teamwork was.

ENTER MY NEW FAVOURITE TOY WHICH IS THE MAIN REASON I WANT TO GET THIS WEEKLY POST ON LE GO!! Sorry for the shouting. I am excites.


Sally Hansen Miracle Cure Strengthener 

This is essentially a clear polish that claims to stop the nails from peeling and strengthen them. Hopefully it does what it says on the tin! (well packaging really... it's not a tin at all.) I used this as a base coat and applied what has to be one of my all time favourite nail polishes ever ever ever!

This (as I'm sure most of you can see, but for the sake of being thorough I'm gonna' bore you all with a description anyway) is the Models OWN Indian Ocean nail polish, which if I'm not mistaken is part of their absolutely stunning beetlejuice collection, is the most gorgeous and versatile nail polish I've used so far. And yes, it helps that it's sparkly. It's a blue/pink/lilac nail polish that looks different in different types of light and when applied either on it's own, or as a light coat over another nail polish has such a pretty effect. 


I did try to capture the pretty colours but nothing I could do with the camera was doing it any justice. Sad face :(

Now I know my nails are very short here, but they were so weak and pathetic they broke, so I cut them down and using this new strengthener, I hope to grow them long enough and strong enough (What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller...) to wear my brand spanking sparkly new O.P.I. nail polish.

Who knows! maybe in a few weeks time they will appear in my Monday blog. 
I hope you have all have a good Monday, and if you have not, then I hope your day gets better and that you go to bed feeling happy :) 

Feel free to comment and tell me if you have any favourite nail polishes. I like nail polish :)

Yours with many thanks (and short nails),
Pixiegnome xx

DISCLAIMER
Nobody has paid me to talk about these products. I bought them because I wanted to try them, that is all. 
ALSO, none of the big descriptiony stuff will appear in any other Monday blog of this nature... I just wanted to get it out the way! :) PHEW! what a novel this has been <3 


2 comments:

  1. I really like the brand NYC (New York Colour)
    and I tend to wear firetruck or cherry reds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how red nail polish looks on nails, the only issue I have with it is staining, regardless of what base coat I use :(

      Delete